To add a firewall rule to one of your server instances, follow these steps:
- On the Cloud Servers page click on the server you wish to add a firewall rule to
- Once the server information has loaded click on the Firewall tab
- Click on the Add A New Rule button
- Select the protocol you wish to use in the Protocol drop down (the default is TCP)
- Select the port for the rule in the Port drop down. You can select from one of the common ports, a custom port which will then provide a box for you to enter the port number in, or a port range which will provide you with two boxes to enter a start and end port.
- Enter the IP address for this rule. This has to be in CIDR notation. More information about the IP addresses you can enter can be found here.
- Click the Save Firewall Rule button