CLOUDMGR INSIGHTS HELP YOU TO ACHIEVE AWS BEST PRACTICE BY EVALUATING YOUR AWS RESOURCES AND PROVIDING CONFIGURATION RECOMMENDATIONS TO OPTIMISE YOUR AWS ENVIRONMENT
Cost Savings: help you to save money by pointing out unused and low utilisation resources
Security: improve the security of the system with the up to date best practice
Availability: improve system reliability
Usage: improve system performance
Insight Summary Page
Navigate to the “Insight Summary Page” by clicking Insights on the main menu Navigation bar. The Insights page provides an overview of Insights across all of your AWS accounts.
- Insight Coverage Panel: Shows the total number of Insight result in all of your AWS accounts and a breakdown by result status.
- Insight Breakdown Panel: Breaks down the insight result by category in all of your AWS accounts.
- Account View: To look at Insights for a single AWS account, click on the relevant account row in the “Account Insight Panel” or choose the account from the top right dropdown select box.
Individual Account Insight page
This page shows the details of Insight results for a specific AWS account.
- Summary: Insight results by categories of current AWS account.
- List: Full list of Insights in the selected category.
Insight Result Status
Insights result statuses are categorised into four levels:
Failed: the Insight check failed
Warning: the Insight check did not fail but there was a warning requiring further attention
Passing: the Insight check passed for all criteria
Incomplete: the Insight check has not been completed
Individual Insight Panel
Displays detailed information about the current Insight. Clicking on a specific resource will display detailed information about that Insight.
- Resource table: shows details about the AWS resources/ configuration that relate to this Insight check. Note that the information, layout and feature of this table will change according to different Insights and resources.
- Resolving feature: some Insights will allow you to quickly resolve the problem. For example, in the “Orphaned Volume” insight presented above, you can quickly delete the volumes that are currently unattached and costing you money.
Insight Notification Settings
You can also set up your CloudMGR notification setting to be notified when there are “failed” or “warning” Insight results for a specific category or importance level. To enable Insight notifications, go to Account Settings, Notification, Insight Notifications